Imagine being able to sit back in the comfort of a chair and then to be lifted into a standing position with the click of a button. No wonder a chair that can do that is called a power recliner. It may look like one of those medical chairs that are operated with a mechanical device but is a much more powerful recliner as it works with electrical motors.
Power recliners are ideal for those suffering from back or knee problems. People suffering from joint or hip pain also find these chairs useful. In fact, it’s just the thing for someone recuperating from surgery. And it’s quite the perfect option for the elderly, who are no longer able to handle the simple function of getting in and out of a chair on their own.
Whether you decide to go for a two-position power recliner or a three-position one would depend on your need and your budget. The two-position recliner is good but doesn’t offer the flexibility of converting into a flat surface for sleeping, which a three-position one provides. Then there’s also the infinite-position power recliner, which, as the name suggests, provides infinite options in terms of positions and angles.
Best Power Recliner Reviews
Here are a few options you can check out before choosing the one that best suits your requirements.
Elegance exudes from this bonded leather power lift recliner, which can be as much a style statement for your home as a functionally important device for your body. The Homelegance 8545-1LT Power Lift Recliner Chair can become your support system, keeping you mobile during difficult times.
- Equipped with a sturdily built steel power life-and-recline system, crafted to handle up to 300 pounds of body weight
- Power lift mechanism is designed to enable easy shifting of your body from a fully reclining to a standing position
- Back of the recliner is made of channel tuft to provide total comfort and support to your body
- Armrest is padded and comfortably solid to ensure complete ease of use
- Easy to assemble and maintain
- Cushion is small and of poor quality; gets spoilt in few uses
- Not spacious enough for tall and heavily built people
- Frame made of poor quality board; starts bending after a few days
- Bolts are not high-end and tend to fall out
- Leather is somewhat slippery, so there are chances of slipping out of the chair
This contemporary and stylish looking recliner is powered by the quality mark of Homelegance excellence. It’s designed to suit any décor and is perfect for all needs. This three-position (resting, napping, sitting upright) recliner is a good buy for the price it comes for.
This push-button recliner from Flash Furniture epitomizes relaxation blended with quality. You’ll love the stylish and contemporary look of this recliner, which is packed with the comfort of memory foam. With this recliner close by, you’ll never need to depend on external assistance to remain mobile.
- Equipped with Leggett and Platt mechanisms of excellent quality
- Memory foam of 1.8 resiliency for added comfort
- Attractive microfiber upholstery to fit in with all interiors
- Simple and easy recline movement that works effortlessly
- Electric motor works noiselessly and smoothly
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Batteries to operate the recliner in case of power failure
- Base corner stands about 12” from the wall; hence space-consuming
- Full recline is 130 degrees; this makes it impossible to lie down flat on the recliner
- Frame made of plywood and OSB instead of solid wood
- Too light-weight to allow body weight to be comfortably and easily shifted around
When it comes to style matched with comfort, Flash Furniture ranks among the best. This power recliner from Flash Furniture is no different, and you’ll find it suitable for multiple mobility requirements for someone suffering from back or other problems, or simply recuperating post surgery.
What you want from a power recliner is not just the ease of shifting to any position at the touch of a button but also full support for your neck and back. The Coaster Power Lift Recliner is designed to deliver total comfort to your body while facilitating mobility.
- Built to provide additional support and comfort to all, including people suffering from mobility constraints
- Lift function is designed to help you stand up gently, without causing any strain to your back and knees
- Equipped with power motion recline button to help you extend your legs forward in a delicate sweeping motion, without a jerk
- Back has a thick channel to provide extraordinary support to the neck
- Chaise cushion gives extra comfort due to the channeled pad
- Mattress material is textured velvet that’s soft to the core and helps enable total relaxation
- Armrest is made of extra-thick cushion, with a thick bustle headrest and back for excellent comfort
- Footrest is also operated by the powerful motor that comes with this power recliner, so no extra effort is needed to move it to the desire angle or distance
- Springs are poor quality and prone to breakage
- Power mechanism rubs against the lining, which may cause the wire to get frayed
- Padding on footrest is flimsy and wears down quickly
- Arm cushions located too close to each other; getting between them can be a task
- No proper assembly instructions provided
This smart-looking power recliner is designed for smooth and hassle-free operation that will give the ultimate comfort to your back and knees – just the way you want it. A great feature of the Coaster Power Lift Recliner is the smooth way in which the motor works, enabling complete ease of movement, whether you want to stretch out your legs or lean back into the soft comfort of its velvet mattress.
If you want a power recliner which comes with just that little extra you want from a high-end product, the Pulaski Larson Power Recliner is what you should go for. Though slightly higher priced than the average power recliner, it comes with better-than-average features to make it worthwhile. This chair is designed not just to give comfort to your aching back and knees but is also crafted keeping in mind other comforts needed for relaxed living.
- Has a swivel table which you can use to work on your laptop or tablet, or simply enjoy a quick meal
- Hidden storage space and cup holders are provided in both the armrests to take care of your sundry stuff
- Attractive contemporary look and feel due to the premium bonded leather that covers the recliner through its entire length
- Solid plywood frame makes it a durable and robust piece of furniture
- Padded back, arms and sides to provide extra comfort
- Metal recline mechanism operates smoothly and easily
- Makes a loud squeaky noise on reclining
- Footrest somewhat short for tall people
- Chair is not very cushy; it feels a little firm to sit in
- No storage facility provided for table, which needs to be fitted in and removed every time you want to use it
This stylish and modular reclining chair has a host of distinctive features, which will make your life much more comfortable than you would have envisaged at the time of buying a power recliner. With this recliner, you’ll never again have to struggle to lean back restfully, or stretch out your aching or tired legs. The electric motor fitted into this recliner works effortlessly and smoothly.
Given the wide variety of power recliners available out there, making a choice can be tough. Here’s a checklist to make your task a little easier.
Well, if you want something comfortable yet affordable, for as long as it lasts, the Homelegance 8545-1LT Power Lift Recliner Chair is probably just the thing for you. You can recline fully with this recliner, and also stand upright quite smoothly.
However, if you’re looking for a lightweight recliner with added comfort, check out the Flash Furniture Contemporary Top Hat Coffee Microfiber Power Recliner. The footrest is as easily moved as the rest of this recliner, thanks to its special mechanism.
The Coaster Power Lift Recliner is a great option if you’re looking for good support for your neck and back, in addition to the mobility that a power recliner gives.
For those of you in search of extra features in the form of certain accessories, the Pulaski Larson Power Recliner with USB and STO is a good choice. It comes with a swivel table, as well as cup holders on both the armrests.